One planet at a time...

"If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad." -Jane Austen

Friday, August 27, 2004

Another postcard...

So the obligatory postcards thing that I've been doing (no I haven't gotten around to you all yet, really I've only been away for a month!) has made me realise the differences in the efficency of the postal service. The postcards I sent from New Zealand have taken their sweet time to get to Perth (in order of over 2 weeks) whilst the ones I sent on Sunday from Hong Kong have taken a mere 5 days. For less distance. And less postage.

Also should be noted that if you didn't give me your address in my little, metophorically black (in the sense that it's kinda grey) book you probably won't be getting a postcard. Alternatively email me your address & I'll consider it. Suitable threats will encourage me to write more. The best threat so far has come from Miss Tiki who said she'd buy all the chocolate peanut nougat cake from Vegie O and not let me have any. Which is really mean. So you all have to try to beat that.

For those who care, I'm currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia staying with family for about a week before going south to Melacca (Melaka) my mother's home town for a good dose of history & a bigger dose of family before then going to Singapore to meet Simon.

My father has always said "Eating is the national pastime in Malaysia" and he's right. In a constant state of my stomach exploding since I got here. Which is not a bad thing. Though it makes trying on jeans difficult. But it's all very yummy. And the goreng pisang (fried banana) is great. And the mango. And the rumbutans. And you get the picture.

Avian flu is still in the papers, though only up north near the Thai boarder. Still slightly worried about it and they have ordered a bird cull which is sad. There are many people skeptical about what the government is saying about the safety of bird products. The ministers all had a photo shoot showing them eating chicken which reminds me alot of the British government's reaction to vCJD in beef (mad cow disease). Also the US government has released a contingency plan of what they will do if we have another flu epidemic. Am I paranoid or what?

Also it's nice to get the occassional email from home so if you are bored/procrastinating feel free to drop me a line. If you can guess the songs where most of my post topics come from, you get a big hug* when I get home.

(*hugs are limited to one per person, unless I think you are especially cute)

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 01, 2004 3:25:00 am, Blogger Simon said…

    The comments looked a little loney, so I thought I'd post.

    *cuddles*

    Love you.

     
  • At Thursday, September 09, 2004 6:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *bounce bounce*

    I'm not anonymous - I'm mynxii!!

    *bounce bounce*

    *snuggle huggle purrrr*

    Missing you still - I got your email and will be replying as soon as Work(TM) allows breathing space for longer than 30 seconds at a time *pout*

    But i did find a couple of quotes in my collection you might find amusing ^_^

    "Computers, Cats and Gods, all can operate cross dimensionally; the trick is getting them to do what you want"
    - unknown

    "Fsck you!" (Aussie)
    "OMG! He just swore in australion!" (American)
    - unknown

    "We have to play the fire and the frying pan against each other so that we the bacon, do not get fried"
    - Cherry Al

    "If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men, for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married."
    - Katherine Hepburn

    Hope this amuses you and makes you giggle hon!!! You have my address - can i get a postcard? I promise to/not to (whichever is more effective) post more quotes ^_^

    *bounce bounce*

    Not nearly as good as Tiki's threat, but its hard to top denying you a major weakness... so I'll just have to run with what I've got ^_^

    *bounce bounce*

    *huggle snuggle purrrrrrrr*

     
  • At Thursday, September 09, 2004 11:34:00 am, Blogger moonbug said…

    Fru: Yay for BNL! (will have to sit & rant together about them at some point) And yay for travel, where do you hope to go to at the end of the year?

    Mynxii: Thanks for the quotes, & yes you shall be getting a postcard at some point *huggles* The odds have been raised though- Dave has said I won't be getting my car back in one piece if he doesn't get postcards :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home