One planet at a time...

"If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad." -Jane Austen

Saturday, October 23, 2004

A walk in the park.

I spent today getting my vitamin D by hanging out in the park. It's the biggest park in Rome and is full of park like things such as trees, birds, park benches and grass. There were things that I occasionally associate with parks like scouts, canoodling couples, families, ice cream and those funky bikes that are like the Proshmobile. It also has things I don't usually associate with a park like the Museum of Modern Art, old statues, the zoo and a copy of the Globe theatre. I kid you not. A copy of Shakespeare's Globe with appropriate seating, open air and made of wood (French forests that have been replanted according to the sign). Was kinda nifty.

Spent the entire afternoon there lying in the sun, catching up on some writing, listen to the birds, enjoying the good weather and watching the world go by. I have forgotten how much I like the weather of a Perth Spring, which during the day at least seems simmilar to a Rome Autumn. But given they both have the same climate type you'd kinda expect it. Warmish days, blue skies with the occassionly fluffy cloud, nice humidity, no more than 29C, but unlike Perth the nights aren't hideously cold. So lovely.

Of course saying this I have tempted fate and the weather will turn. Which means back to looking at museums and art galleries :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home